- A scientific investigation conducted individually.
It is assessed on the following criteria
- Personal engagement
- It involves 10 hours of practical work.
- Should be a maximum of 12 pages long
- Can be database analysis, modelling or simulation
- Contributes 20% towards your final grade.
- The internal assessment task will be one scientific investigation taking about 10 hours and the write up should be about 6 to 12 pages long.
- This investigation covers assessment objectives 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Without the completion of 10 hours of INDIVIDUAL INVESTIGATION you cannot be awarded your IB Diploma.
- a hands-on laboratory investigation
- using a spreadsheet for analysis and modelling
- extracting data from a database and analysing it graphically
- producing a hybrid of spreadsheet/database work with a traditional hands-on investigation
- using a simulation provided it is interactive and open-ended.
Category: PERSONAL PROJECT
Lesson Name: PERSONAL PROJECT